1. “Cupcakes and Cashmere” by Emily Schuman. Cupcakes and Cashmere is one of my daily reads, so when I found out that Emily Schuman published a book I had to buy it. This book is full of fashion advice, delicious recipes, decorating tips and easy entertaining ideas. Can I throw a dinner party now?
2. Tulips. Spring has officially sprung! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I spotted these while out grocery shopping. I want to fill every room with them.
3. Sally Hansen Nail Stickers. Yes, I finally tried them. I was kind of intimated by all the stories I’ve heard about the process that these take, so I started off with a few. They are actually surprisingly easy! I was inspired by this leopard Dirty Laundry sandal at work. I am very pleased with how they came out.
4. Les Miserables. Finally! I didn’t have a chance to see it in theaters, so the minute it came out I purchased it. It was absolutely amazing. I am also a huge fan of musicals and Les Miserables happens to be my favorite. You have to see it if you haven’t already.
5. Lucky Fabb West Conference. I am beyond excited to have been invited to the Lucky Fabb West Conference! My ticket was the perfect birthday present to myself. Hundreds of bloggers, amazing speakers and a full day of building my brand is exactly what I need. I’ll do a full recap after the event next week.
Shirt: Heavenly Couture
Shorts: J. Crew
Rings: So Good, H&M
I’m so happy it’s officially spring! I don’t know about you but I am ready for shorts weather! So when the sun was shining in Santa Barbara, I had to break out my favorite pair of printed shorts from J.Crew. I threw on this simple silk button down from Heavenly Couture to finish off the look.
The shoes? I chose my BCBGeneration yellow/natural flatforms to play off the colors in my printed shorts. Who doesn’t love a flatform? They are a necessity in everyone’s closet. Not only are they incredibly comfortable but versatile as well and I would definitely wear them every day if I could.
Just a short post today! Stay tuned for more!
Another one of my jobs? Working events. Last weekend we celebrated the grand opening of our Chinese Laundry store in the Topanga mall. Often frequented by Bruno Mars and Selena Gomez, I was excited to see this celebrity shopped mall.
Setting out mini cupcakes, pouring pink lemonade, hanging balloons, snapping pictures and setting up our body painter and model were among my many duties of the day. Being surrounded by shoes all day is tough (I made my wish list) but the event was definitely successful. If you are in the area make sure to stop on by!
Just a short post today!
Sweater: Forever 21
Skirt: Luna B
Accessories: Express, Forever 21, So Good
Shoes: Chinese Laundry
Among the many things I collect, one has to to be hats. I literally have a hatbox full of them waiting to be worn. When I see a cute hat, I can’t resist. I am trying to find more ways to incorporate them into my daily wardrobe. With the new season of Rachel Zoe premiering, I was inspired to dig through my hatbox and take out my favorite grey fedora from Nordstrom.
With my favorite fedora I paired my new pleated skirt I picked up from one of my favorite local boutiques, Luna B. Over the skirt I threw on the easiest grey sweatshirt I own from Forever 21. Mixed silver accessories and my brand new cut-out booties from Chinese Laundry (Obsessed) finished off my outfit.
Stay tuned for more!
Pardon my absence. Going back to school has been more of an adjustment than I originally thought. With a midterm last week, I decided that it was best to devote my week to studying. Big changes and bigger adjustments are to come but you’ll find that out in due timing.
I wanted to share the event I worked with Chinese Laundry last weekend. Glamour Gowns is an annual event that provides all the prom necessities to girls in the Los Angeles foster care system. From dresses, to accessories, to a personal shopper, over 400 girls get the Cinderella treatment.
Chinese Laundry generously donates over 400 pairs of shoes each year. From flat sandals to sky-high pumps, each girl gets to choose the perfect match to their dress. This is my third year volunteering and every minute is well worth it. Giving fashion advice, finding the perfect fitting shoe and matching accessories has never felt so good. Never take anything for granted.
Dress: Forever 21
Belt: Forever 21
Glasses, Accessories: H&M, Forever 21
Shoes: Steve Madden
My first love? Shoes. My second? Wine. My Sundays usually consist of wine tasting in Santa Barbara with J. With Santa Inez, Lampoc and Slovang so close, the winery options are endless. While we frequently visit the wineries where J is a club member (free tastings every time!) we do try to visit others. This past weekend we discovered a few small tasting rooms near the beach in Santa Barbara, one of them even had board games and Ms. Pac-Man to play. Genius! The best part? We can walk there!
Knowing that we would be walking around the whole day I decided to go with a more comfortable outfit and nothing is more comfortable to me than a maxi dress. I have an obsession for army green right now, so when I found this maxi at Forever 21 for $15 I immediately purchased it. Santa Barbara almost always calls for a jacket so I grabbed my leopard printed sweater that I bought at Nordstrom years ago. For some reason it’s hard for me to find a leopard/cheetah print I like, so I am glad that this sweater has stuck through the years with me. I finished the look off with a few golden accessories and a thin braided belt. My favorite cognac boots from Steve Madden kept me comfortable and warm (well so did the wine) throughout the day.
Stay tuned for more!
Tank: The Closet
Skinnies: Citizens of Humanity
Shoes: Chinese Laundry
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Glasses: Ray Bans
Just another breezy day at the beach! I wore this outfit last weekend in Santa Barbara as J and I went to the pier for some mid-day cocktails. Although the sun was out, it was quite chilly so I thought this was perfect timing to break out my new cargo jacket from Nordstrom. I have been searching for the perfect cargo jacket for months and now I live in this one. It’s the perfect jacket for layering and light enough to take into the spring. Under, I wore my printed tank from the Closet and my favorite skinnies from Citizens of Humanity. The day called for a lot of walking so I kept my shoe choice comfy with my sneaker wedges from Chinese Laundry. These are the days that I look forward to; my weekly trips to Santa Barbara get me through these stressful weeks.
Just a short post today!
Happy Monday and may this week go by fast!